The Art of Marriage event begins Friday evening and continues from Saturday morning through the mid-afternoon.
- 6:00 pm: Doors open, registration completed and welcome packets provided
- 6:45 pm: Please take your seats in the sanctuary
- 7:00 pm: Welcome. Session begins.
- 9:45 pm: Dismissed for the evening
- 8:30 am: Continental breakfast
- 9:00 am: Morning session begins
- 12:00 pm: Dismissed for lunch and couples project (lunch on your own)
- 1:30 pm: Begin gathering for afternoon session
- 1:45 pm: Afternoon session begins
- 4:30 pm: Closing and dismissal
- Participant workbook
- Snacks and drinks at breaks
- Continental breakfast on Saturday morning
What to expect
- Thought-provoking concepts in 6 fast-paced videos, each about an hour long
- 3 projects to complete with your spouse.
- Impactful conversation with your spouse.
- See yourself, your spouse and God in a new way.
- Drinks: water, coffee, tea
- Light snacks between sessions
- Breakfast: pastries, fruit
- Please let us know if you have food allergies
- Please see our FAQs page
Love Always (Legacy)
- To leave a godly legacy, we must think about the impact of our lives on future generations.
- Our hope for leaving a lasting legacy is through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Leaving a godly legacy requires putting a stake in the ground.
Love Dances (Roles)
- God designed different responsibilities for men and women in marriage.
- Though their responsibilities are different, men and women are still equal in value.
- God calls men to sacrificially love and lead their wives.
- God calls women to respect and support their husbands.
Love Fades (Drift to Isolation)
- Couples naturally drift toward isolation.
- Our differences and weaknesses push us apart.
- Sin has affected every marriage.
- The gospel brings healing and reconciliation.
- Couples must learn to walk by the power of the Holy Spirit in marriage
Love Happens (Purpose of Marriage)
- God designed marriage and has a great plan in mind.
- The primary purpose of marriage is to reflect God’s glory to a watching world.
- It is important to receive your mate as God’s perfect gift for you.
Love Interrupted (Communication)
- Conflict is common to all marriages.
- The goal is not to be conflict-free but to learn to handle conflict correctly when it occurs.
- Healthy conflict resolution occurs when couples are willing to seek and grant forgiveness.
Love Sizzles (Sex & Romance)
- God created sex and has a wonderful design in mind.
- A satisfying sex life is the result of a satisfying marriage relationship.
- The ultimate purpose of sex is to bring pleasure and glory to God.